Find Someone in the American Prison System

They call it, “Getting lost in the system.” Unfortunately, this euphemism rings true in more than one case. The prison system in the United States of America is fragmented to the point that people can actually become lost in the system. The reason for this is because there are multiple levels in the prison system that do not necessarily communicate prisoner information between each other. State prisoners are ran through one type of system and Federal prisoners are ran through a different type of system. If you are trying to track down where an inmate might be, this makes things hard. Thankfully, the internet has made this process much easier. The phone call method for finding inmates is a nightmare. Nonpub.com suggests using the links below to find someone in the prison system.

Is it difficult to find someone in the American Prison System?

If you have don’t have access to the internet it can be difficult, but if you are reading this, then you should be able to use the resources listed here to find any inmate in the United States:

Can I find out if someone is on the Sex Offender List?

Yes. Every recorded sex offender is logged into a database controlled at the State and Federal level. Use the link below if you need to find out if someone is on the sex offender registry:

  • Nationwide FREE Sex Offender Registry by State http://www.nsopw.gov/en-US/Search

The link above is a recommended service that will search a nationwide sex offender registry list for any potential sex offender near you. It is arranged by state and can be used absolutely free. Don’t waste time and effort attempting to use services not directly linked to government databases.

Is a Federal Prison search different than a State Prison search?

Yes. These systems keep track of information differently. This is why when you go searching for an inmate, it is important to distinguish between a Federal inmate or State level inmate. There are also juvenile offender’s, however, because they are under the age of 18, their information is kept private.

There are ways to get lost in the American Justice System. Luckily, there are tools available to search for inmates around the United States. Nonpub.com suggests using http://www.theinmatelocator.com/ to find State held prisoners, and http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/ for Federal prisoners. These free services will help 99% of people searching for inmates across the U.S.A. For the other 1%, where an inmate is not in the search databases above, a private investigator may be necessary to track down and locate the person in question. A private investigator will be your last option for locating an inmate in the United States and they will cost money. Make sure to exhaust all other avenues before you decide to use a private investigator.


100% Accuracy Guarantee on All Investigative Searches!

SEARCH NOW

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *